Veterans’ Resources

Veterans’ Resources

Veterans’ Resources
Students who have served in the Military including the National Guard and Reserves may be eligible for educational benefits through the Veteran’s Administration. Mercyhurst University is a yellow ribbon participant, which means students who are eligible for 100% Post 9-11 GI Bill® will receive yellow ribbon funding once the student cap has been reached. Mercyhurst also holds a Memorandum of Understanding with the Department of Defense. This allows members who are still in the service to use Tuition Assistance (TA) from the Military. (Current active military personnel should apply for TA benefits directly to their unit.) There are a number of VA benefits available. For more information on available benefits and their criteria, visit the VA website at If you plan to use VA educational Benefits, please contact the Veteran Coordinator for more information. You will need to apply for the VA benefits before the start of your first semester. New applications may take the VA up to 3 weeks to process.

Dependents of military personnel may be eligible for educational assistance for any of the following from the VA:

  • A transfer of Post 9-11 GI Bill® for active service members who have served at least 10 years.
  • Chapter 35 benefits if a service member has been discharged and receives disability.
  • FRY Scholarship if the service member died while serving

Note: GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

Degrees & Certificates
Course Descriptions