The MCC Honors experience offers advanced learning opportunities to those students who excel and thrive in stimulating academic environments.
Designed to be flexible and easily accessible, the MCC Honors Program features course sections that have the same outcomes and grading as standard sections. Honors sections provide students with enhanced opportunities to:
* Explore intellectually stimulating readings and critical perspectives;
* Direct their own learning/research;
* Engage in stimulating and participatory course work;
* Develop advanced communication and critical thinking skills;
* Participate in experiential and service learning activities.
Benefits of an MCC Honors course section include small class size, field trips and research opportunities, guest lecturers, access to a private study and lounge area, and priority registration guidance from Honors advisors.
Honors students will be seriously considered for several MCC merit-based scholarship/ tuition credit opportunities.
Honors students will be recognized for their achievement through Honors course designation on their transcripts which will make them more competitive in the transfer process.
For more information, call 732.548.6000 ext. 3033.